10 Websites for Free Knitting and Crochet Patterns
The internet if a magical and wonderful place. You can find find free knitting and crochet patterns. I have compiled a list of some of my favorite sites to find free patterns. I may have gotten a little distracted while researching this post, by all of the amazing patterns that I want to make.
- Ravelry There is so much to love about Ravelry! This is the only site on my list that you have to register for, but it's worth it! They have over 311,103 patterns and a lot of them are free! They have a pattern search tool where you can choose your criteria. You can filter your searches, by yarn weight, technique, construction method, and more. Here's the best part, there is a box you can click that says “free”. Ravelry offers fiber lovers much more than amazing patterns. They have a queue for your projects, and you can create a list of favorites. They have an online project journal where you can add photographs, yarn type, needle size, and notes about your projects. There are numerous groups and forums for you to connect with other fiber lovers. If you only check out one site on this list, then start with this one. You can friend me on Ravelry. My Ravelry name is The-Yarn-Bucket.
- All Free Knitting This site has so many free patterns. Patterns are divided by category to make it easy to find what you are looking for. They have a list of popular patterns, and a collection of patterns for beginners. There is also a collection of knitting videos.
- All Free Crochet There is a fantastic collection of crochet patterns for all skill levels on this site. Patterns are divided by category, and you can search patterns by hook size. There are some great tutorials, and they feature a pattern of the day.
- The Vintage Pattern Files I have a vintage pattern obsession. Knitting a vintage pattern is like stepping back in time. Patterns are divided by time period. They have patterns dating back to the 1800s.
- Interweave One of my favorite publisher! Interweave has published multiple knitting and crochet books over the years. They are responsible for wonderful magazines like Interweave Knits, Interweave Crochet, Handwoven, Spin Off and Jewelry Artist. Their website has over 200 quality patterns for free. They also have some great resources for different stitches, and techniques.
- Knit Picks They have a lot of free patterns! Knit Picks also has yarn, yarn accessories, tools, and free shipping if you spend over $50. I am a huge fan of their wooden knitting needles.
- Yarnspirations This site has a well presented selection of free knitting and crochet patterns from tea cozies to sweaters. Patterns are presented by photograph, and are marked by skill level.
- Vogue Knitting Vogue Knitting offers some fashionable free patterns. If you scroll down you can view the patterns by photograph making it easy to search for patterns that catch your eye.
- Love Knitting There are a lot of free patterns on this site. They also sell patterns as well. If you only want to see the free patterns, then you can sort them from lowest to hightest.
- Love Crochet This is another site where they also sell patterns. You can sort from lowest to highest so you can focus on the freebies.